Friday, July 23, 2010

Good Signs

The Backyard Baseballer was competing in one of the many athletic events that he excels in last night, when he bumped into a juicy little peice of information yesterday that he thought would make the Australian Baseball Community very pleased. In front of me sits the 'home' schedule for one of the teams playing in the upcoming ABL. Due to privacy and attempting to protect my source, I will not divulge which team this schedule relates to. I can however tell you this...

Assuming that each team has the same schedule in terms of home and away (surely they would), each team will play;

  • 4 games per week
  • 20 home games in total, which would amount to a 40 game season
  • The first home series for this team starts mid November, and finishes around mid January

So in other words, there will be a lot of baseball played between November and Feburary this season. Should more information come out I will attempt to relay it to my loyal fans (all 7 of you).

3 comments:

  1. Dare to be different BB, its show and tell time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 games a week, Thursday Night, Friday Night, double header Saturdays I believe. 5 weeks away 5 at home. 40 games. I think I read that by Melbourne Aces CEO on a website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Glen, I'm pretty sure you just repeated everything I just said? 5 weeks at home for four game series would equal 20 home games and thus 20 away. Now I was not aware of the Melbourne CEO revealing such information, and maybe others were not either, hence me feeling the need to make others aware...

    As for the way in which the games are distributed amongst the days, yes the majority of the series are Thursday, Friday and double header Saturdays. However the schedule I have in front of me reveals that this will differ from series to series. Again, I am not going to divulge what the exact schedule is, in case the team who's schedule I am looking at differs greatly from the rest and reveals my source. But I will say that not every series for the above said team will be played on a Thursday-Friday-Saturday basis

    ReplyDelete